1. Rose Petals Cafe & LoungeA breakfast and lunch spot featuring southern cooking.
2. B&B Breakfast and LunchCheck out our newly renovated restaurant interior!
3. Germantown Espresso BarSuper awesome cafe that wants to be friends with the whole neighborhood and keep them caffeinated!
4. TastiesFlavor for your soul.
5. TyeMeka's Soul FoodTye-Meka's Soul Food offers great food at great prices.
6. Uncle Bobbie's Coffee & BooksCool People. Dope Books. Great Coffee.
Germantown Avenue, also known as "The Great Road," follows an Indian path from the Delaware River.
The first written protest against slavery was written in 1688 at the corner of Germantown Ave & Wister St.
Pioneering free jazz muscian Sun Ra moved his band The Arkestra from New York City to Germantown in 1968 and never left.
Germantown was an independent municipality until 1854, when it became part of the City of Philadelphia.
During the Philadelphia Yellow Fever Epidemic in 1793, President George Washington and his cabinet moved to Germantown.
Germantown Avenue is part of the Colonial Germantown National Historic District, the longest National Historic District in the U.S.