1. Center in the ParkCenter in the Park, A Gem in Germantown! Center in the Park is a community center that promotes positive aging and fosters community connections for older adults (55+). Celebrating 49 years of positive aging (1968-2017)!
2. Yadain Cultural SolutionsWe get it done naturally! Quality since the idea.
3. Germantown Life Enrichment Center (GLEC)Germantown Life Enrichment Center is an historic interfaith association for fitness and culture, a community-oriented recreational and educational facility in the heart of Germantown. From our state of the art fitness center to sports and enrichment programs for all ages, the GLEC has something for everyone.
4. Health Center #9City health centers are operated by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
5. Maplewood Nutrition and Dietary Food ShopFamily owned and operated since 1963 selling high quality vitamins, herbs, and nutritious foods.
6. Sandalwood Yoga StudioStrong Body, Quiet Mind, Tender Heart
Germantown Avenue is part of the Colonial Germantown National Historic District, the longest National Historic District in the U.S.
The first written protest against slavery was written in 1688 at the corner of Germantown Ave & Wister St.
Pioneering free jazz muscian Sun Ra moved his band The Arkestra from New York City to Germantown in 1968 and never left.
Germantown Avenue, also known as "The Great Road," follows an Indian path from the Delaware River.
Germantown was an independent municipality until 1854, when it became part of the City of Philadelphia.
During the Philadelphia Yellow Fever Epidemic in 1793, President George Washington and his cabinet moved to Germantown.